1.31.2015

I Just Love It

** Sometimes, I just need to write. Currently reporting from a coffee shop in Denver, while I wait for my tattoo appointment.**

I've always thought I was manic-depressive, or bi-polar - something that defined how crazy I feel sometimes. My favorite books are always memoirs of fallen, but brilliant english majors (Prozac Nation, Wasted, etc). However, I find that I really like to think outside the box which includes thinking outside clinical labels.

So, I call it "being in flux." The earth goes through cycles, who says my brain and/or hormones aren't cycling, naturally, and emotions are a by-product?

Typically, I can tell when it's hitting me because of the music I am listening to, as well as the books I pick up and become engrossed with - on the page and off:

- Catcher in the Rye (Holden Caufield was my idol in high school).
- The Bell Jar (Duh. I'm a female literary-nerd, who also happens to have lots of emotions).
- Memoirs, memoirs, memoirs. If you're a dysfunctional english major, chances are, you will write a memoir one day. And then I will read it.

I do enjoy my time, "in flux," in a completely cathartic way. It always feels like I'm shedding another layer of skin.

Last night, my nightly journal-writing was absolutely insane. I wonder if this is the real me, or if this is a part of me that's decided to wake up with all the other "waking up," I've been doing. Is there a monster underneath all the positive living and thinking I have been working on lately?

It could also be Mercury being in retrograde.

Who knows.

All in all, in the last two days, I have:

- cut my hair
- colored my hair
- hired a tattoo artist to time-stamp all this chaos. (Currently writing from a coffeeshop while I wait for my appointment time).

I know this just means more change is heading my way. I've quit my job, decided to start my own social media company, gone through a relationship-status change, and have a completely wide-open, unknown life ahead of me.

I just love it.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Big change is definitely on the way, and your new hair looks fantastic!! I'm preparing to take some pretty significant leaps in my life too. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete