1.20.2015

It's Business Time: I'm Launching My Social Media Company!

"I know what you're trying to say..."


Aside from loving the song, "Business Time," by Flight of the Concords, it's business time here at Tiffiny Epiphany, which is currently in my kitchen.

For the last few months, I have barely been able to juggle my day job with my personal dreams and aspirations of being my own bread-winner. I want to teach yoga, travel, write, and somehow pay my bills.

I've decided to trade some time sleeping for some time creating, planning and dreaming. Things have been re-prioritized, and now it's time to dive all into launching and growing my social media consulting + management business. It's just me, no fancy name, yet. Just another adventure here at Tiffiny Epiphany. My dream is to see it grow into a media company so I can hire on friends who also want to use their amazing talents to support themselves.

If I can climb a 14er, I can handle this, right? Duh. Here's to living the dream!



2 comments:

  1. I've been following you on Twitter for awhile now and have only just started diving into your blog at an interesting point in my life! In August I'll be leaving my job to also start and grow my own social media management/consultancy business too! Its been both a terrifying and exciting period as I start to apply for business names/register for it, juggle working with clients and then building upon what I have built so far. How have you been finding the shift? My reasons for wanting to work for myself is because I want to travel and have flexibility and well, working for myself in general just seems more appealing so it's exciting to see you doing the same!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!

      So, I left my job in February, but since they had not hired my replacement, I have contracted out my work with them (split between paid social media and organic social media), and half of that contact ends this month.

      I have also been hired by coworkers from that job, a social media agency via craigslist, and am talking with another marketing company right now about some work - I met the guy in the airport!

      For being only a couple months into my freelance life, I have had it really easy, as far as looking for work. It's been insanely difficult in others ways - probably the most challenging job I have ever done (and I used to wait tables & bartend).

      I will never return to the 9-5 world, even though I know my hardest days are still ahead of me.

      Shoot me an email and maybe we can keep talking! I have yet to register as an LLC or even create a business plan for myself - I've just been winging it!

      tiffinycostello@me.com

      Thanks! :)

      Delete